ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Why waste time, space and effort?

I am thankful for the discovery of internet because my reading horizon was not constricted only to books and magazines near me. Internet brings me the largest collection of reading materials from all over the world.

As I was skimming my usual internet pages and found some informative articles to read, I was struck anew about the nastiness and rudeness of some people.

One of the article I've read was about someone who died recently. I didn't know that person until that article and I felt a little sad and somber because the death of a person was never good news.

However I was so shocked when I read the comments under the article. Some people posted bad and inappropriate things about that person. The person died for Pete's sake, the least he could get is respect - even if he's the most notorious people in the world.

I was also reminded me of some magazines I've read before where people send comments and reaction about someone - and some people would malign and defame those people they don't like.

It bothered me before and now it is bothering me again. Why waste time, space and effort thinking, saying and writing those unkind, negative and malicious words towards someone?

Why not put those time, space and effort to good use by commenting about the good things someone did or praising somebody admirable?

If I dislike a person, I think of them as unworthy recipient of my effort. Typing a comment or sending a mail reaction to magazine takes a lot of effort and time so I don't waste them on the peole I dislike or to just malign someone. I would instead spend those time gushing over my favorite persons or praise someone for their good deeds or send mails to friends instead.

I am also capable of disagreeing with someone or something but there is a way to phrase your disagreement without insulting anyone. Do it POLITELY.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

110% Agree. why waste the effort? Besides the catholic in me come out in thi matter, you don't speak ill of the dead, you just don't! The reason is not for them, they could have been Hitler himself- veryone know he was a jerk, and yet his family is still alive and morning. Just because someone is an ass doesn't mean that there are not kind people still alive morning his death and the person he was a child, or inside, etc. I just don't think it is a right to speak ill of the dead. Call me supersitious what not you just should not do it!

March 19, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home