ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tidbits of info learned from Envy

Orig written: Monday, July 02, 2007

I have finally finished the book for our discussion this month in JMF which is Envy by Sandra Brown. But silly me, I've just said in my post the other day that I'd stay away from my online life and concentrate on my RL first and most especially my writing. So what should I do, stay away or join the discussion

Anyway, speaking of writing, there were several lines in the book that inspired me. You see, the book dwells a lot on writing, editing and publishing. I've learned about how an editor thinks, how a writer thinks and how a publisher conducts business and gets profit. It was a very informative book for would-be writers like me.

It started out ok but dragging for me but the last chapters had been so engrossing that I ended up sleeping at 10 minutes past 3 AM again.

Well, one of the most important thing I've learned about writing is that it is a God-given gift. No matter how you follow and master all the technical aspects of writing, you would wind up with a mediocre book only if you got no writing talent whatsoever.

Now this got me thinking: do I really have the talent? Or did I only learn the technicalities of English grammar and writing?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home