ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Stewart Sisters Trilogy by JoAnn Ross

OW: June 20, 2006

I have finished these three books at last sometime last week. What can i say?

The books are good in their own right. The stories are okay but I don't think they would ever be included in my list of favorite books.

The first book, Out of the Mist, was the story of the youngest sister Lily who met her husband, Ian because of a brooch that is being stolen back and forth between the Stewart family and the MacDougall's(her husband's family).

The second book is Out of the Blue, the story of Lark the middle sister. She was a famous singer and she reunited with her childhood sweetheart again (who's in the FBI) because of her stalker.

The last book is Out of the Storm and this is the story of the eldest sister Laurel, who's an investigative reporter and found her hero( in a cliched romantic suspence hero in my opinion) - the cop.

Some of the reasons why this series would not make it to my Fave List are:

1) There are so many subplots and characters that just come out of the blue. I felt I haven't learned about all these characters much.

2) They were supposed to be a family but they were never there for each other. I guess the fault is on my part because I've been expecting it's similar to Nora Roberts' family series where each sister or brother is actively involved in each other's stories. I just didn't feel the strong bond with this sisters.

However, one good thing about these books is that there were a lot of random info that I have learned and re-learned. Like the doubt that maybe NASA just fabricated the image of the landing in the moon; i've also learned about how singers and song writers get their royalties; i've learned that investigative journalists should have at least three sources of their stories before they can publish it and much more.

It was a good read, not really annoying at all. The books are definitely a keeper for me but I don't think they'd merit a reread from me. I recommend you give it a try too!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home