ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dark Lover by JR Ward

Orig. written: Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I have finished this book a few days ago and it's only now that I will talk about it, so don't be surprised if I have only a little thing to say about this now. All those thoughts that I've been thinking about have already vanished from my mind.

Well, it was a good read. This is a vampire story but it's refreshing in a way because they are not the cliche vampires but rather, there are some twist in their lifestyle.

Uhm, there were a lot of hot, steamy, sex scenes that I skipped just to get on with the story. However, I won't think that they are my "dreamboat" material *giggle* because I am envisioning them as large, giant men with big muscles and unfortunately, I am not in the least fond of those big, muscular men.

One thing I don't like about this book though is how she refers to the antagonist as "Mr X". I mean, she should just have referred to him as "The sensei" or any other vague reference to the said men. It is kinda corny in my opinion, but then, who am I to really take exception to her decision of doing that. I have never been a published author for Gosh's sake (but I am just a very accomplished and sometimes discriminating reader hehe).

It was a very good read though, the characters are great, there are some touching scenes and I love stories about family.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home