ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Book Characters

Orig. written: May 2, 2006

I was thinking that maybe my opinion of the books I read depend on the way I look at the characters. There are books that have annoying characters, while there are those with great characters.

When I read a book and just look at the characters from afar, I think that is when I can find a lot of fault with their dialogues, their actions and their circumstances. And that made me criticize everything thus made the book not good in my opinion.

On the other hand, when I put myself, for example in the heroine's shoes while reading the book, or pretend that I was her, then maybe that makes a book great in my opinion. Coz if it were me, I will think that i am incapable of saying or doing anything foolish.

However, would it be possible that these instances really depend on how the author writes? Like, her writing style make me look at her story from afar and critic it, or her talent and creativeness enables me to assume the characters personality in the book and experience her life in the book and will bring me to a thrilling adventure?

Hhhhmmm....or maybe one's current mood when reading the book affects the way of looking at these characters?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home