ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Her Master and Commander by Karen Hawkins

Originally written: April 14, 2006

I have, finally, finished this book. If you might have noticed I have been struggling to finish it, thus it stayed several days as my "Currently Reading" feature.

It started out so very promising and funny but in the end, I succumb to skimming only to know what happened.

It bored me, it annoyed me, at times, it made me want to hurl it across the room. However, in fairmess, there are times that I laughed out loud with some of the funny lines in the book.

For one, these characters are so trusting, so out of character since the information they divulged where the infos that hurt them most. Based on my previous reading experience, these infos would have been the greatest cause of conflict. But not in this book! The brothers has confided too quickly to their father's butler when they've only seen him that first time. The heroine confided too quickly to the hero. It was just not normal I think, for these people to trust the others that fast since they barely know each other.

"Do your worst". Please refrain from saying or making me read that words at the moment. I had enough of that words in the book. The hero has uttered those words to the heroine for a gazillion of times. And the annoying part is, the heroine should be tutoring the man on how to polish his manners since he's inheriting an earldom, but all they did was talk.

Yes, it bored me because it was like watching a movie where the characters spent a lot of time only talking and chattering without too much actions on their part. The characters were inconsistent.

My advise is to read the book and see if we are having the same opinions. :D

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home