ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Kiss to Remember and One Night of Scandal by Teresa Medeiros

A Kiss To Remember and One Night of Scandal by Teresa Medeiros
Well, I have been busy reading these past days, which I'm sure is nothing new. LOL! And the two books that occupied my time were Teresa Medeiros's A Kiss to Remember and One Night of Scandal.

Actually, I have started reading ONOS first, but when I came across the line that said Sterling was known as the Devil of Devonbrooke before, I thought he has his own story too - and I am right! :D So I temporarily stopped reading ONOS (I'm already in the third chapter I think) and started on AKTR.

A KISS TO REMEMBER
---------------------------

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Since this book has gripped my attention since from the start, then it was a very good read. *g* The story was not dragging and the characters are okay I guess. There were some little things that I found myself scrunching my forehead.

One of that is, Sterling had a temporary amnesia, so when Laura found him, she made up stories about him and their courtship to save her and her siblings from being roofless. After their wedding, Sterling's memory returned. What I don't understand is why Diana and Thane (Sterling's sister and best friend respectively) got angry at Laura and even wanted her to be charged with kidnapping. Why didn't she defend herself, since she really doesnt know the man in the first place?

And another thing is Lottie's attempt to kill Sterling was somehow impossible but *shrug* these things didn't really affected me that much. I had finished these books in three days only and that speaks a lot. LOL!

ONE NIGHT OF SCANDAL *Possible Spoilers*
---------------------------------------------------------

This is the story of Lottie (Laura's youngest sibling). Between this two books, this is the one I like better. :D

It was funny, heartwrenching, touching, thrilling and......................spooky. Yep, it's indeed spooky, especially in two scenes.

I love how the pacing of the book. It is so realistic and the development of the story was great too. And since Lottie was married to Hayden St. Claire in Haste because of the scandal, their love at the end was thoroughly justified and very well-developed.

I love how TM, the author has characterized her hero and heroine in this book - how Lottie sometimes (or always?) tend to be melodramatic since she has a passion for Gothic novels, her "Dim" bestfriend Harriet, and the mysterious Hayden.

And since it's been a long time since I've read a spooky novel, I decided to read those vampires stories and I chose DARK LOVER by JR WARD.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home