ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Finding Answers to Life's Questions

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The title may sound complicated but I assure you, this topic is not.*grin*

Do you believe in signs? Or more importantly, do you ask for them? Because I do, especially when things didn't turn out the way I expect them to. Or when I feel so confused and don't know what to do. Or when I feel like my life is stagnant with no direction.

When I received the news that we were going to Kuwait soon after college graduation way back in 2000, I was so excited and very eager to experience the real world. However, it took months before I was hired for a job here and in those times of being in 'limbo', the boredom of life here in Kuwait had already taken it's toll on me. I used to wonder if I did the right thing, or maybe it would be better if I did not come here at all. But then the next day, my question was answered. I got an email (chain e-mail though it was) but in there, one line has struck me most and it says that "you are where God wants you to be". It has relieved me so much that I stopped questioning my decision and just lived on my life since, after all, I was meant to be here.

Three weeks or so ago, I felt so burnt out from life here in Kuwait. I felt that my life is really going nowhere, I don't like my job and the thought of continuing this for several more years was so frightening. But then I again found the answer to my worries - in one of the websites I've been to. Basically, it tells me to do the thing i have been wanting to do and find some purpose for the free time I have. And that's when i realize that indeed, I got lots of free time. The weekends, the time after I got off from work and before bedtime are free time that I can put to good use. And the thing I have been wanting to do is writing. So lately, I have devoted some of my night time to writing and I can say I had some progress. :D

My friend before also used signs to make decisions, like she's deciding whether to go to their class outing or not. Then she said if she will see someone wearing a World Youth Day t-shirt the next day, she will go. Well, the next day, one of her classmates was indeed wearing a WYD t-shirt so a decision was made for her. :D

Signs are good, in my opinion. It helps lessen some of my confusion, answers some of the questions I have been asking, and in fact, can also help with decision-making sometimes. If you don't believe or you haven't tried it, I encourage you to give it a try sometime. :D
Posted by Sharon at 5/24/2006 04:43:00 PM 8 comments

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home