ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Oxymoronic Life

OW: Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The following lines are commonly used and had always been a source of amusement to me when I heard people say it or read it in messages of one friend to another or one sibling to another (refering to the first line only). Though they are true and are considered compliments, still they tickle my funny bone. Onlywhen I learned the word 'oxymoron' and its meaning did I fully realize the poetic attributes of these lines. :D

"We are close because we are open to each other." - Openess leads to closeness, isn't that awesome! :D LOL!

"He/She's cool coz he/she's so hot!" - a person can be cool and hot at the same time, can you imagine!

"They are a beautiful couple but their child is pretty ugly." Hhhmmm... I heard this phrase a lot but i have never encountered "She's pretty beautiful". :D

"The silence is defeaning!" Hah! I just used this line recently in JMF. LOL! Silence can be so loud.

So you see, being contradictory sometimes isn't really bad at all. :D

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home