ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

My Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Don't Say "I Don't Know"

OW: Sunday, May 28, 2006

"Don't say 'I don't know. Instead say "I don't have any idea."

This is one of the most unforgettable line in one of my English class in high school. I can still clearly remember the instance our teacher said it.

It was in our senior year, in our World Literature class and Ms. Bandoquillo, our English teacher then, called on Joan to answer her question. Joan stood up, looked at the ceiling and everywhere for several seconds then replied "Sorry Miss but I don't know."

Then Miss Band (as we call her, LOL) said the line above. She explained further to us that saying "I don't know" or "We don't know" means that we do not know anything at all. Rather, if you do not have any opinion, or do not know the answer to a question, reply with "I don't have any idea" for it means you just didn't have any idea about a particular subject but you still know some things.

She really has a good point there and so, from then on, I try to reply with "I don't have any idea" when I come across questions that I really have no idea how to answer. :D

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home